Quick and easy recipes are my favorite, and sweet potato & kale casserole is one the whole family loves. Use chicken to make a full meal, or skip the chicken and serve as a side dish.
My husband hates kale. He does, BUT he eats this!! I’m the reading mommy, always reading what’s best and healthy for me and my family. Naturally, I read all the time the benefits of kale in your diet. How can I get my husband and kids on board? They all like sweet potatoes, they all like chicken, and they all like cheese. So I created this recipe, to entice my family to the green side. It worked!! They loved it!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on affiliate links please visit YRL Disclosure Notice.
What You’ll Need:
- Casserole dish– size depends on quantity you would like to make
- 4 Medium sized sweet potatoes
- 5 Cups of raw washed kale
- 3 Boneless/Skinless chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sharp cheddar cheese- about 2 cups grated
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Bake or grill chicken breasts, then cube them.
- Peel and cube sweet potato.
- Mix together sweet potato and kale in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top, then generously drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. Add cubed chicken and grated cheese, place back into the oven for 15 more minutes.
Serve and ENJOY!!
Let's Be Friends!
Be the FIRST to know NEW information about the house renovation and Yellow Rose happenings!!