Mexican Ravioli is the simplest recipe, for a fast dinner. You practically dump everything in and shove it in the oven.
This recipe was my husbands, back when he was running the bachelor pad. He had this small black box labeled “recipes” in the kitchen. One recipe he pulled out over and over was Mexican Ravioli. It was simple to make and his favorite. After we got married, I kept that black box and Mexican Ravioli is still a house favorite recipe.
I’ve tweaked it a little from the original, I just can’t leave things alone. But here it is, and it’s delicious! It’s so fast to make, it’s my go-to meal when I’m in a hurry.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on affiliate links please visit YRL Disclosure Notice.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 9×13 Casserole dish
- Mixing bowl (My fav OXO grip)
- 12-inch skillet (always Lodge Cast Iron for me)
- 1 bag of frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 pound ground meat of your choice (I typically use beef, but you can use chicken or turkey)
- 2 10 oz cans of tomato puree
- 1 or 2 4 oz cans of green chilis (amount depends on your taste)
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 cups Colby/Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 teaspoons chili powder (for a milder taste only add 2)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in skillet, then add taco seasoning and 2 tablespoons of water to keep the meat moist.
- Mix the tomato puree, green chilis, chili powder, and cumin in a mixing bowl.
- In 9×13 casserole dish place half of the tomato puree mixture on the bottom and spread around.
- Place one layer of frozen cheese ravioli, about half the bag. Then place the taco meat on top of the ravioli.
- Drain and rinse the canned black beans and place on top of the taco meat. Then place the cilantro on top of the black beans.
- Place another layer of frozen ravioli. Add the second half of the tomato puree atop the ravioli.
- Top the whole thing with shredded cheese. Then top with foil, so you don’t burn the cheese.
- Place in the oven, bake for 45 min. Remove foil, bake for another 10 min.
SHOP THE POST
Let's Be Friends!
Be the FIRST to know NEW information about the house renovation and Yellow Rose happenings!!