Texas Tamale Pie:
One of my favorite recipes, and everyone seems to love it, WIN WIN! We also have put a spin on the Texas tradition of serving tamales on Christmas Eve, and we serve Texas Tamale Pie instead. It’s fun and easy to make, and I hope you Love it!
Things You’ll Need:
- 9×13 casserole dish
- 1/2 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish (Corningware is my Fav) with cooking spray. It will stick to your pan if you don’t!
- Cook ground beef in a skillet (Lodge Cast Iron is my Fav) over medium-high heat until brown.
- Stir in poblano peppers, salt, salsa, oregano, enchilada sauce, and chipotle powder; cook and stir until beef is crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. It will look liquidy, and that’s ok, the corn bread will soak it up while baking.
- Mix both packages of corn bread mix in a large bowl with 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of milk, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Spread 1/2 the prepared corn bread mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of both cheeses on top of corn bread mixture, then pour the beef mixture a top of that.
- Spoon the other 1/2 of the corn bread mix on top of the beef and carefully spread over the top with a spoon, leaving about half an inch from the edges of the pan. Then top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.
Disclosure notice: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. All opinions and statements are my own.
Let's Be Friends!
Be the FIRST to know NEW information about the house renovation and Yellow Rose happenings!!